We Are Now Serving Organic Non-GMO Whole Wheat Bun / Organic Tofu / All Natural Hemp Milk
If you’re looking for a way to shake things up and improve your health this summer, why not try going vegan? It may sound drastic, but you’ll find that it can make you feel so much happier and better!
Here are 10 awesome reasons to go vegan this summer:
1. Lower your cholesterol. Plant foods contain no cholesterol or saturated fats, so you can get your blood lipid levels under control. Considering how prevalent heart disease is in the U.S., you can see why this is such a great idea!
2. Protect your heart. Consuming high-fiber, plant-based foods is excellent for your cardiovascular system. Not only will you reduce your risk of heart attack and stroke, but you can prevent atherosclerosis, high blood pressure, and other cardiac disorders.
3. Lower your body mass index. In layman’s terms, this means “lose fat”. Plant-based foods are low in fat and calories, and a vegan diet is a very low-fat, low-calorie one. It’s much easier to lose weight on a vegan diet!
4. Boost your immune system. Thanks to all the plant-based foods you’ll eat, your body will have a lot more of the vitamins and minerals needed to protect you from germs and infections. A well-balanced vegan diet can seriously boost your immunity!
5. Balance your diet. If you’re anything like the average American, you’re probably eating too much fat and carbs and too little protein, fiber, and plant-based foods. A vegan diet can solve that problem! A well-balanced vegan diet contains plenty of healthy fats, complex carbs, and plant-based proteins to ensure that you are delivering all the nutrients your body needs to function properly.
6. Improve digestion. Too much animal fats, sugar, cholesterol, and fats can do a number on your digestive system. The fruit- and veggie-rich vegan diet can clear out your intestines and restore your digestive function to normal.
7. Look better. Veggies and fruits will improve the health of your skin, eyes, hair, and nails. Thanks to all the nutrients you get from plant-based foods, you’ll look so much better!
8. Reduce toxin consumption. On a vegan diet, you eliminate all chemicals, additives, and artificial preservatives, as well as any hormones in meat and animal products. This means fewer toxins to slow down your body and increase aging.
9. Increase antioxidant activity. The more antioxidant-rich fruits and veggies you eat, the healthier you’ll be!
10. Reduce your risk of cancer. According to the WHO, low quality animal products are linked to a number of different types of cancer. Avoiding all animal products will help to reduce your risk of prostate, intestinal, bladder, and breast cancer.
Pretty solid reasons to consider going vegan this summer, right? If you care about your body and your health, you’ll give it a shot and see what happens when you give your body the all-natural food it craves.